We're making improvements to the services we provide to help in the fight against climate change.
- have installed EV charge points in public car parks in all 3 of the borough’s towns
- have installed 8 charge points at the Swale House car park to support the new fully electric council fleet
- are working with KCC to stop the export abroad of recyclables and are influencing KCC to maintain or improve the low levels of waste that go to landfill.
- launched of the Fuel and Water Home Advice Service, supporting hundreds of households
- are providing free sustainable period products via Swale Sisters
- have completed climate change training with 80% of staff
- have retendered the grounds maintenance contract to include electric vehicles, electric handheld tools and a commitment to the steady reduction and then complete elimination of the use of pesticides over the 5 year contract
- established an anti-idling campaign around schools, with officers speaking to parents and able to issue FPNs
- joined the Hedgehog Preservation Society roll of honour
- established the Swale Green Schools Forum to support schools on their decarbonisation and biodiversity journey
The Solar Together programme saw over 450 referrals for solar PV installations.
A re-balancing exercise for the garden waste round last autumn within the Mid Kent Partnership has resulted in an approximate 60 tonnes of carbon saving across all 3 authorities. Garden waste subscriptions are increasing.