Saving Energy at Home
Advice about simple changes you can make around your home to help you save energy.
Easy changes around the house include:
- Switch to LED lightbulbs, with longer life spans and which are more efficient, saving you money in the long run
- Make sure your heating isn’t turned higher than necessary
- Install a smart meter
- Turning off lights in rooms you’re not using and switching off appliances at the wall (rather than leaving them on standby) could save you around £44 a year
- Turning your thermostat down by just one degree can save around £80 on your energy bill of a typical, gas-heated three-bedroom semi.
- Use your washing machine at 30°C
- Draught-proofing doors and windows could save you around £20 per year by stopping heat from leaking from your home
… And more
If you want to make some switches but you struggle around the house, we may be able to help. Our Staying Put service provides you with help with odd jobs, including changing bulbs.