Faversham Car Club
Try out our new car club to save money and reduce reliance on car ownership, helping the environment.
Swale Borough Council has launched a three-year trial of a local car club in Faversham to help people get convenient access to cleaner vehicles, without the expense and hassle of ownership.
For as little as £3 an hour, Hiyacar will provide low emission vehicles on a pay as you go system with online booking where users can sign up for free.
Members will be able to access the vehicles using Hiyacar’s keyless QuickStart technology, via the Hiyacar app, and the rental price includes car cleaning, maintenance and management information and are all covered by Hiyacar’s bespoke insurance.
Each car club vehicle can take up to 18 cars off the road, encouraging less car ownership and more active travel, reducing congestion and carbon emissions.
How does it work
- Create an account with Hiyacar
- book a car via telephone or by internet
- use your smart card to get in, pick up the car from a local car club parking bay
- return car to the allocated car club bay once you have finished
- monthly bills for easy payment
How much does it cost and what does it include
Where are the cars?
3 hybrid vehicles are currently in car parks in Faversham as part of the trial.
- Central Car Park, ME13 8PW
- Queens Hall Car Park, ME13 8QE
- Institute Road Car Park, ME13 8BN